Now, Celestial Seasonings is launching their own kombucha line.
Sequence of events:
- Celestial Seasonings is a brand of The Hain Celestial Group
- Last October, Hain Celestial Group Acquired Infinitea Kombucha. Infinitea Kombucha was an independent kombucha company begun by Nicole Gervace in 2005 in Boulder, Colorado.
- This month, The Hain Celestial Group announced that Celestial Seasonings is launching their own kombucha line that will be available in Whole Foods Market and other natural food stores beginning in April.
Celestial Seasonsings is definitely focusing on the functional food aspect of kombucha. Their kombucha will be available in five varieties:
- Digestion: Meyer Lemon Ginger
- Antioxidant: Superfruit
- Metabolism: Berry Guava
- Energy: Pomelo Citrus
- Super Green: Tropical Blend
For more information on Celestial Seasonings' launch of their kombucha line, read the press release.
To me it is always sad to see an independent and successful company get sold to a large conglomerate. Read this 2008 article about the founder of Infinitea Kombucha, Nicole Gervace of Infinitea Kombucha on being a Successful Entrepreneur. Infinitea Kombucha even used to sell at the Boulder Country Farmers Market in Colorado.
Expect more comments about Celestial Seasonings Kombucha once I see it in stores.